Examination Board: Pearson Edexcel
Course Title: BTEC Level 1 / 2 First Award in Business
Why should I choose to study Business?
The BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Business has been designed to provide an engaging and stimulating introduction to the world of business. The aim of the course is to encourage personal development of knowledge and skills relevant to the business world through practical participation in a range of vocational business activities. This course will give you the opportunity to enter employment in the business sector or to progress to other vocational qualifications, such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Business
What will I learn?
You will study a range of topics which include:
- Enterprise in the Business World
- Finance for Business
- Principles of Customer Service
- Recruitment, Selection and Employment
What will be expected of me?
You will be expected to complete a written exam and three units of coursework. During lessons tasks will mostly be written using ICT, but there are also practical tasks such as presentations throughout the course. Active participation will be expected. Independent research skills will be needed when completing coursework as well as an ability to meet deadlines and keep organised with all written assignment work.
What skills will I develop?
- Knowledge and understanding of business functions, environments and operations in a practical way that is relevant to today’s work environment.
- Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Research, application and analytical skills through investigative work
- Independence to select and apply skills through processes and effective use of resources
- Team working, time management, personal organisation and problem solving skills.
How will I be assessed?
All units of work are equally weighted. Unit two is a written exam marked by Edexcel and the other three units are coursework based, marked internally by the assessor/teacher and moderated by Edexcel.
Where will this qualification lead me?
Achievement at Level 2 provides a suitable foundation for further study within the sector, supporting progression on to other vocational qualifications at Level 3, such as the BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Business.